Vivien is now 4 Months Old!
We all went to the doctors on Tuesday, and Vivien received a bunch of booster shots. While it’s great to visit the doctor because I get some firm stats. it’s also a bummer because my always-happy baby has been a crying fussy-pants for the past two days. Add that to the fact that both Mommy and Vivien are trying to kick a wicked cold, and well, it’s a recipe for disaster (actually, it’s a recipe for a sick day, which we are taking today.) So! That explains the crying Monkey pictures. Normally, she never cries. Seriously. My poor baby.
- She now weighs 13 lbs and 1.8 oz. (She is in the 38th percentile for weight. I must produce skim milk. Either that or she is prepping to become a supermodel, because with her height, and being as skinny as she is, well, move on over Heidi Klum.)
- She is now 26″ long! (Vivien is measuring in the 80th percentile for height, and has been religiously between the 80th-90th percentile in this category since birth. Ugh. I had high hopes of not having an amazon-tall-girl. I not-so-secretly wished that Vivien would be more of her Daddy’s 5’10″ height, as opposed to her Mommy’s 6’2″ height. Oh well! Tall girls, unite!)
- Her head circumference is measuring in the 66th percentile.
- She is wearing size 3-6 month clothing (However, her “footie PJ’s” are becoming a bit stretched. Haha)
- She is wearing a size 2 diaper.
- She is still very vocal. Even more so now.
- She can grasp, and is bringing all her toys up to her mouth. Her favorite game is “take the pacifier out of my mouth and cry because I can’t get it back in the right way.”
- She has rolled over a couple times, but it’s probably a fluke. She shows no urgency to roll over, and we know she could do it (if she wanted to.)
- The doctor cleared us to start giving her some rice cereal. *and there will be a post dedicated to that, because Mommy has spent some time researching this*
- She has moved out of her bassinet. She has slept in her crib in her room one night (Mommy slept on the spare-bedroom bed along-side her. Baby steps, people!) and she also has been sleeping in her pack-and-play which we pushed up next to our bed. (It’s easier, since we have both been sick, and she’s been fussy.)
- She sleeps through the night from 10:00pm-6:00am. (Sometimes 8am when Mommy has a late-day.) Woohoo! Go Vivien!
What happened this past month?: *Honestly, pretty un-eventful since Mommy started working full-time again.*
- We celebrated Valentine’s Day
- She has now been going to daycare for about 4 weeks. The daycare lady said, “She’s the best baby I’ve ever had!” We believe her.
- She got her 4 Month shots. Ick
Things we are looking forward to within the next month:
- Starting “solid” foods in about 3 weeks or so. Rice cereal, that is.
- St. Patrick’s Day (ie: adorable outfit.)
- Maybe an Aunt and cousin coming to visit? *fingers crossed*
- To see her 3 Month Monkey Business, click here!
- To see her 2 Month Monkey Business, click here!
- To see her 1 Month Monkey Business, click here!
Here I am, talking about “voting” again. I am now number 72! Yay! All you have to do to “vote” is click the banner above that says, “Like my blog?” It will open a new page. You can close it, because you’re done. It’s seriously the easiest thing ever. I aspire to be in the Top 25. Please click it! You can vote once per day.