I was so excited to be chosen to review my very first ever VoxBox from influenster. With “beauty boxes” all the rage, I’ve wanted to try one out, but couldn’t justify spending the monthly money on one. That’s why I love influenster so much (if you’re interested in trying influenster, please leave me a comment, and I will send you an email invite.)
I will go through the items, and discuss my opinions of each.
1. Goody QUIKSTYLE brush: Retail: $11.99
- The description states that because of the super absorbent microfiber bristles, it removes 30% of water as you style. It’s like a towel, and a brush in one. I tried this brush, and it does remove quite a bit of water just from brushing. However, since I have naturally wavy/curly hair, and I wear it that way and don’t straighten my hair, I was unable to 100% test this out, because brushing my hair makes it very frizzy. (I typically use a very wide-toothed comb.) However, like I said before, when I did brush my hair with it, it dried it very well. There are a few shapes, and I got the half-round shape to test, and I can imagine that it would work really well if you want to blow dry and straighten/style your hair. It would really save time.
2. Kiss Nail Dress: Retail: $6.99
- Personally, I love these nail stickers. I’ve used the Kiss brand in the past, and they stay on really well. The application is somewhat tricky, but I actually find it just as difficult to paint my nails, since I have super shaky hands. And they last for a really long time- like 2 weeks, long! I am looking forward to having my nails grown out a bit more to be able to show you all what these look like worn. I love the design too! Perfect for NYE!
3. EBOOST: Retail: $28 for box of 20 effervescent powders. $39 for a box of 30 powders, or 12 shots.
- These say that they will “boost your mood, focus, and immunity” without a crash. As most of you know, I operate daily on an obscene about of caffeine, so I wouldn’t really know what the “crash” feels like. To me, they tasted very chemical-ly, and I wasn’t a big fan. However, they do taste better than 5 Hour Energy, so it depends on your taste, I guess.
4. Quaker Real Medleys Oatmeal: Retail: $1.79/cup.
- Once upon a time when I was working full time, I would stop at Starbucks on the way into work, and would always buy the oatmeal from there as well. It was too convenient and good not to. But, it was expensive. These single use oatmeal cups are so good. And they are like, half the price of the Starbucks brand, and just as convenient. You can cook them with warm water, or in the microwave. I love the fresh tasting fruit in it, and think that this is the best brand of oatmeal on the market. The cups are a tad expensive for me, since I am a stay at home mom and don’t really need the “to go convenience.” But if I was still working, I would be all over these. Vivien loved it too! When we go on vacation, I will definitely be stocking up on these for quick and healthy breakfast options.
5. Montagne Jeunesse Face Mask: Retail: Under $2.
- I love face masks. They are fun, and leave my skin feeling so fresh and rejuvenated! I received the clean up mud and it felt so good on my face. These would be great to stock up on for a fun girls night, or really any reason for pampering yourself! Loved it, and will buy it again, for sure!
6. Sole Society: As part of the Holiday VoxBox, we received a coupon for Sole Society website for $25 off your first purchase! I will be looking into this in the future!
7. NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine: Retail: $2.49
- I have to admit that I was slightly bummed that it appears that this item was forgotten in my box. So I was unable to test it, because I didn’t get it. Sad face.
Did you receive the VoxBox? How did you like it?
Disclaimer: I was sent a Holiday VoxBox from influenster in exchange for my honest review. All images are copyright of The Memoirs of Megan, and cannot be used without permission.