With two hours left, I feel accomplished to note that TODAY is my birthday. I have officially fully entered my 30′s with both feet in the door. No longer am I “on the cusp” of the decade.
Nothing spectacular happens at 31, except that you (kind of) remember what a big deal of a birthday this was 10 years ago. So instead, I’ve decided to do a post on 10 things that 31 year old me, wish I could tell 21 year old me.
- You’re going to get divorced. He’s a tool anyways, and your next husband is way cooler.
- You’ll be SUPER SKINNY because of said divorce. Dry your weepy eyes and enjoy your perky self.
- Smoking is ugly. Quit immediately. You’ll be embarrassed you used to do it, one day.
- While on the topic of cancer, WEAR SUNSCREEN WHEN YOU LIFEGUARD. Being tan is totes over-rated.
- Abbreviating words will be cool, soon. Totes. Adorbs. Presh. Cray. Start saying them now, and you’ll be totes rad, and ahead of the curve.
- Everything, and I mean everything happens for a reason.
- One day, you’ll have two hysterical and goofy kids that make you laugh daily. Until then, live your life and be free.
- Go visit the ocean daily. You’ll miss it like crazy when you move to a landlocked state.
- Cherish your friends, but know that they, like you, will grow. Some grow closer, and some grow apart. That’s life.
- Don’t ever go to Carlsbad with Regina. You’ll never, ever, live that night down. In fact, Carlsbad is kind of janky anyways. I’d just skip that bar scene all together, if I were you. Which I am.
Here’s to being 31!